Peloton is the market leader for an at-home smart bike. However, a new option from RENPHO offers similar value at a much cheaper cost. In this guide, we compare RENPHO vs Peloton to determine:
- What features each bike has
- The difference in price
- A comparison of the design and specifications
- Which AI smart bike you should buy today
If you own either of these smart bikes, comment down below and let us know when you think.
How to Buy these AI Smart Bikes
The RENPHO Smart Bike is available directly from Amazon around the world. Use the box below to buy yours today.
- Auto Resistance for Zwift, mimicking the Incline: Automatically adjusts the pedaling resistance in real-time according to the terrain in Zwift without constantly making resistance adjustments to the bike, which is painful and breaks momentum. Ride and sweat together with the world's bikers and compete in the Zwift community.
- 70+ Free Classes by AI Gym App(No Membership Required): The AI Gym app provides 15 Professional Coach Video Classes, 9 Scenic Rides, 5 Map Rides, and 45 Riding Challenges without extra cost and subscriptions. Whether you are looking for a sweat-inducing fat burn session, steep hills that will give an intense leg pump, fast speeds for a thrilling cardio burst, or a leisurely scenic ride. This indoor cycling bike can do it all. [NOTE: Tablet Not Included]
- AI-optimized workouts: Functional threshold power(FTP) training & customized training-The AI tech algorithmically calibrates workouts to help you achieve fitness goals based on your FTP training zones. Riders will train with real-time power, cadence, time, calorie, and heart rate (Apple Watch & ANT+ heart rate monitors connected) to understand and optimize their effort during cycling workouts.
- Compact Home Gym: This exercise bike features adjustable handlebars (height) and saddle (height/distance) to suit riders between 4'11" to 6'1" (max weight 265lbs). Equipped with a smooth freewheel design, the AI bike ensures the utmost safety and allows for a seamless brake-free experience in a compact frame. Compact Footprint 3.1'x1.4'(4.3 sq.ft). Assembled dimensions 40" L x 20" W x 49" H. To protect the floor or carpet from damage, place a mat under the Bike. (Mat not included)
- Quiter and Smart Motor Damping Design: The permanent magnet brushless servo motor provides both self and up to 80 auto-adjusting digital resistance levels to offer a smooth and quiet ride so you won't wake the family with your late-night cycling! The straps pedals can be swapped out for others with clip-in/toe cage/SPD. A premium airflow saddle offers comfortable riding. Note: We don't recommend standing up riding on AI bike.
On the other hand, the Peleton bike can be purchased directly from the official website.
What is the RENPHO AI Smart Bike?
The RENPHO AI Smart Bike is a stationary bike that lets you improve cardio, lose weight, and workout. This AI smart bike is designed for those who want to work out quietly while watching their favorite movies on Netflix. It uses artificial intelligence to algorithmically provide functional threshold power training. Each time you use this bike to work out, the functional threshold power training calibrates your endurance and limits to give extra push in your next workout.
The RENPHO uses calorie, time, cadence, and your heart rate details to optimize your workout experience. It works in collaboration with an Apple Watch and has a free app that features more than 70 classes. Unlike the Peloton, this smart bike doesn’t require a monthly membership subscription. Plus, you get 5 training modes to challenge your fitness level without paying a premium.
While the RENPHO AI Smart Bike doesn’t come with a tablet screen, you can purchase an iPad to view your workout metrics in real-time. Doing this is still cheaper than the Peloton, which we will get to later.
The Peloton Bike is a premium indoor workout equipment equipped with 21.5-in HD touch screen tablet, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. The Peloton Bike lets you do cardio exercises and other workouts ranging from strength training, meditation, running, and yoga.
The tablet streams on-demand and live classes and also allows you to enter into a competition with other riders. Classes can also be streamed from the mobile app or website and shared from an iOS device using Airplay.
Peloton classes are recorded daily and uploaded to the library for on-demand access 24/7. Peloton produces 19 new classes per day, which means that the service has grown an enormous amount of content.
This high-end bike has a live leaderboard that shows riders’ ranking based on the energy expended or output.
The price tag for RENPHO AI Smart Bike goes for $499. There is often a coupon on Amazon that gives you additional money off. This price tag makes RENPHO a cheaper alternative to Peloton. If you’re looking for a cheap and rugged workout machine, you won’t go wrong with RENPHO.
However, keep in mind that you’d have to purchase the screen separately. An iPad can be purchased for as low as $300.
All RENPHO classes come for free in the mobile app. New workout classes are added infrequently.
On the other hand, the price tag of Peloton is $1,895. While Peloton is pricey compared to the former, it offers live exclusive classes for those looking to lose weight or workout.
However, the live classes are not free. You have to pay an additional $49 every month to get access to the live classes.
Made with carbon structural steel, the RENPHO Bike measures 20-in height x 40-in length x 49-in width. This size makes it easy for you to squeeze it into your bedroom or living room. It’s a great space saver with adjustable handlebars, display height, and seat.
On the other hand, the Peloton bike takes up a larger footprint. Its weight is also nearly double of the RENPHO.
The Peloton Bike is robust in shape and sleek in design. It can fit any size rider, as its screen, handlebars, and seat can easily be adjusted. The Peloton has an electromagnetic resistance that helps you simplifies the equipment’s adjustment.
The table below shows the specification comparison of both workout bikes:
|Specifications||RENPHO Bike||Peloton Bike|
|Frame||Carbon structural steel||Welded steel, ED power coated|
|Resistance||Smart motor damping||Magnetic adjustment|
|Dimensions||40-in height x 49-in length x 20-in width||53-in height x 59-in length x 23-in width|
|Max weight||265 pounds||297 pounds|
|Weight||77 pounds||135 pounds|
|Screen||No screen||22-in HD touchscreen|
|Access||Through a free app||Through live and on-demand classes.|
The RENPHO smart bike is a stationary workout bike that is very easy to set up. This AI smart bike provides a wide range of workouts, including:
- strength building
- balance training
- vigorous exercise
- moderate intensity exercise
The Peloton, on the other hand, is designed for those who can shell out too dollar for hardcore workouts. The different workouts you can experience on this state-of-the-art exercise equipment include:
- strength training
- spin workouts
- HIIT Ride
- balance training
The Peloton has a monthly membership cost of $49 to access the live classes.
The RENPHO comes with lots of exciting features for the average fitness enthusiast. Some of these features include:
Being an artificial intelligence powered bike, the RENPHO algorithmically uses your biometrics to recommend a workout that would help you achieve your health and fitness objectives. All you need to do is to input your fitness goals and start to track progress.
This smart bike has built-in speakers with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. While you ride, it also displays your workout metrics such as your distance, speed, and calories burned.
The RENPHO is designed to automatically adjust your resistance level so that you can enjoy an effective and smooth riding experience. This smart bike adjusts resistance based on the users’ goals, power output, cadence, and experience level to get the best results possible.
The RENPHO app has more than 70 courses and 5 training modes, including power training programs, coach video classes, HD scenic rides, and much more. The biggest advantage of using this AI gym is that no membership is required.
RENPHO is designed with a smooth freewheel pedal and enclosed wheels that immediately stop rotating the moment you stop cycling. This safety measure is incorporated so that you can coast along when you stop cycling without worrying whether the pedals will catch on clothes, pets, or your children.
The cushioned seat is designed with comfort in mind. The seat allows for longer and comfortable training sessions. The RENPHO has ergonomically positioned handlebars so that you can ride this fitness equipment as an exercise bike or a spinning bike.
As with the RENPHO, the Peloton also has interesting features that will keep fitness enthusiasts engaged in intense workout. Some of these features include:
The Peloton lets you enjoy a live ride. Plus, you get real-time encouragement from top instructors. So, if you’re a beginner, you won’t find it difficult to master a workout that’s tailored to help you reach your fitness goals.
To access the live classes, you’ll subscribe to a $49 monthly membership package.
The Peloton is equipped with cushioned seats and an adjustable sports series for a comfortable workout or training session.
The Peloton bike has a 21.5-in HD touch screen display so that users can stream a wide range of cycling classes. The screen displays your workout metrics, including calories burned, distance, and speed. It also has built-in speakers with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
This premium exercise equipment features a resistance knob that you can use to adjust your workout intensity, so that as you ride you can match your live instructor’s directives. You can also adjust the handlebar, seat, and screen to fit your workout styles.
The Peloton has workout classes ranging from 5-90 minutes. So, finding a ride to match your mood is a breeze. Keep your workout fresh with a variety of themes, music genres, and difficult levels.
Other Smart Bike Alternatives
Smart bikes are a growing niche and there are even more alternatives available. Use the links below to check out RENPHO and Peloton alternatives
- 30-Day iFIT Family Membership Included; on-demand workouts on your equipment, choose Global Workouts & Studio Classes; Add up to 5 users; Elite trainers adjust your equipment ($39 value)
- 22 inches Interactive HD Touchscreen Display streams & on-demand iFIT workouts directly to your equipment, provides easy stats tracking; Adjustable display allows for 360-degree screen rotation
- Automatic Trainer Control; -10 to 20 percent LIVE Incline Matching technology; 24 digital resistance levels for complete workout control; iFIT Trainers auto-adjust your resistance and incline
- SMR Silent Magnetic Resistance delivers a smooth, quiet workout with every use; Adjustable leveling feet stabilize your bike; (2) 3 Lb. dumbbells for cross-training on your bike
- 350-pound user weight capacity; Protected with a 10-year frame warranty, 2-year parts warranty, and 1-year labor warranty; 59” H x 22” W x 60” L
- The Echelon EX-5s delivers immersive, studio-quality fitness experiences from an HD touchscreen display. Compete on the Leaderboard and reach your fitness goals with 24/7 access to live and on-demand classes led by world-class instructors. Echelon, creating a higher standard in connected fitness!
- FREE MEMBERSHIP: Enjoy a free 30-day trial of the Echelon Premier Membership with access to more than 3,000 live and on-demand connected fitness classes led by the world's best instructors through the Echelon Fit App. 1. Go to member.echelonfit.com and follow the prompts to create a member account with Echelon. 2. Select the Echelon Premier Membership to claim your 30-day FREE trial. Note: You will be required to enter billing information, but you will not be charged until your free trial expires. 3. Check your inbox for the confirmation email.
- DESIGN: Sleek design, competition-style features and a new, 22” HD screen flips 180° for off-equipment cross-training. Engineered for maximum comfort, smooth functionality and total immersion, this connected bike removes barriers, transforms workouts and broadens horizons.
- PREMIUM FEATURES: Two power ports to charge your phone or tablet while working out. - Indexing resistance knob controlling 32 levels of silent magnetic resistance lets you vary your workout intensity – 6” lever makes it easy to adjust the seat position fit any body - Dual-sided SPD compatible pedals with toe cages - Extra-large cushioned seat offers comfortable riding - Powder-coat frame for resistance to scratches - Elevated bullhorn handlebars with elbow rests.
- MEMBER EXPERIENCE: With a membership you get live and on-demand classes for beginning to advanced riders ranging from 5-45 minutes long. Choose from endurance, climbing, HIIT, scenic rides and many others from our world class instructors. One membership works for all machines, including our bikes, rowers, treadmills and Reflect fitness mirrors. You also get access to our Fitpass programs which include yoga, strength, pilates, boxing and much more!
- LEAN MODE: Ride in stationary mode or level up with Leaning Mode to strengthen and tone your arms and core.
- ADJUSTABLE RESISTANCE: Feel yourself getting stronger with 100 magnetic resistance levels to up the challenge every time you ride.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: Dual link pedals with toe cages or Shimano SPD clips, fore/aft and height adjustable seat and 6-hand position handlebars.
- HD TOUCHSCREEN: Get totally immersed in your workout with an adjustable 16” high-definition touchscreen and a built-in JRNY experience.
- 2-MONTH FREE TRIAL: Try our JRNY All-Access Membership for 2 months, free.
- Try our JRNY Mobile-Only Membership for 2 months.
- Workout at home or on the go with inspiring trainers, and just-for-you adaptive workouts, from your phone or tablet
- Travel through 200+ virtual courses at your own speed or experience them alongside your adaptive workouts
- Designed to work with popular cycling apps such as Peloton and Zwift (Separate subscriptions required)
- Magnetic resistance with 100 micro-adjustable resistance levels
Are you planning on buying an AI smart bike? Do you have the RENPHO, Peloton, or another alternative already? Comment down below and let us know today.